Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Coconut Chutney: Restaurant style



I have been making coconut chutney a lot, to accompany all my South Indian dishes. This is my dairy-free recipe of making coconut chutney. Coconut Chutney without yoghurt. Recently when I visited some south Indian friends, they gave me their recipe which I tried out, and never went back to the way I was doing before.. Okay, no.. that's also what I like a lot and I have only made with this recipe twice, it sure did gave a wonderful and different taste.

Ingredients:

Roasted Bengal gram: 6 tsp.
Coconut broken in pieces: 1 cup
Yoghurt: 1/4 cup
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Coriander leaves: 1/2 bunch
Tamarind paste: 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Cooking oil: 2 tsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Curry leaves: a few
Dried red chilli: 1


  1. Add the coconut, yoghurt, Bengal gram, Green chilli, coriander leaves, salt and tamarind to the mixer. Add little water if required and grind it to a very smooth paste. Take out in a bowl.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add asafoetida, curry leaves and red chilli. Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
  3. Pour this mixture over the chutney and serve !!






1 comment:

Protected

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check