Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sprouted Chana Chaat

Visit to India this year has been wonderful for me.. Most importantly for I got some amazing friends to be with me in the kitchen.. my sprouts maker is one of those.. So now, I would get regular, ready sprouts.. the feeling itself filled me with satisfaction as I am always looking for filling and healthy snacks during the evening tea-time. So here goes this !! The first I tried was black chana.. and wooohoo !! came out simply perfect...


So happy with the perfect result, I instantly made a chaat out of it for the evening snacks, and loved it to the core.. So here's my happy recipe of a simple, happy chaat.

Ingredients:

Sprouted Chana: 1 cup
Onion (chopped): 1
Tomato (chopped finely): 1
Green chilli (chopped): 1
Cooking oil: 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp.
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp.
Mango powder: a pinch
Chaat masala/ Garam masala: 1/4 tsp.
Coriander powder: 1/4 tsp.
Lemon juice: 2 tsp.


  1. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Add the onions and fry a bit, till they just are little transparent.
  2. Add the tomatoes and green chilli, mix well and let cook for a minute.
  3. Add the salt, red chilli, chaat masala, mango powder and coriander powder and mix well. Add the washed, sprouted chana to the pan.
  4. Mix well and let cook for another minute. Turn off the heat, sprinkle lemon juice and ting! Your healthy, tasty sprouts chaat is ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. Enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Check